For the People II (GMT)

Planszowe gry historyczne (wojenne, strategiczne, ekonomiczne, symulacje konfliktów) dotyczące XIX wieku.
Awatar użytkownika
Nico
Général de Division

For the People II (GMT)

Post autor: Nico »

stara dyskusja:
http://www.strategie.net.pl/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1279

For the People is a grand strategy game of the American Civil War covering the conflict from Texas to Pennsylvania, from the firing on Fort Sumter to the end at Appomattox Court House. You take the role of either President Lincoln or President Davis and command the armies, promote and relieve generals, conduct amphibious assaults, dispatch cavalry raids, and even battle incompetency and political intrigue among members of your own cabinet.

For the People includes a deck of strategy cards for conducting campaigns and incorporating the many events and personalities of the war. The Confederate player can build ironclads, naval mines (torpedoes), submarines, conduct overseas purchases, and work towards foreign intervention. The Union player can build up his naval blockade, his ironclad fleet, fight draft riots, secure the Border States, and issue the Emancipation Proclamation. Relive the history of this exciting time when our nation was torn asunder.

---

FTP Reprint Modifications by Mark Herman from Consim World
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@100 ... c9ab/15369

1. The Valley rule has been changed. The Valley acts as a supply source only during the attrition phase for one force. This simplification ended what would have been an additional two pages of text to stop James from abusing my good friend David Dockter with this rule in the future.

2. There is a rule buried in the RR rules that the South in 1864 can complete two rail connections. In six years I have only heard of one occasion when anyone actually did it in a game. The change in the rule is the rail completion is now automatic for the South and does not require the play of an OC.

3. I added the cavalry replacement rule from c3i into the rules, so folks would know what to do with the counters. The rule is added as an optional rule, but we are going to use it at WBC.

4. There is no four that I can remember, so unless I forgot something that covers all of the rules changes. Actually there is a four, which is Harrisburg is once again the capital of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia's special capital location ability remains, but is clarified.

The hardest thing changed in the rules was ensuring that the comprehensive example of play was legal. This took an enormous effort, was checked by multiple experienced players, multiple times, and I am sure there is still an error in there somewhere. Anyway, I am sure someone will point out that error shortly, but if you think this is easy, you have never tried to do it.

Counters: There are no changes to any of the counters, to include values etc. I do note that the presentation of the leader p ratings is different, but the values should all be identical. We added in the c3i counters by removing some PC markers, so if you were not a subscriber, you would be missing these if all you had were the original GMT version.

Map: The map is unchanged in content, but we added a few symbols to make some things a bit clearer. The Valley is highlighted, Union State capitals are marked with a star, Philadelphia has a unique star for Capital replacement purposes. There is also an orange vice red blockade arrow at St. Marks Florida to coordinate with one of the new cards. We also deleted the blue bar at the top of the Dover space as it was not necessary.

Cards: There are 20 new cards...do you need them? That is up to you, but unless you intend to play at WBC, not having them carries no social stigma and will not impact internet play via ACTS. I will be publishing a new cyberboard set shortly that has all of the original artwork and the new cards included for those who want to use the reprint, but whose budget cannot support the purchase. Of course the GMT boys are selling individual decks, so this is the quickest and cheapest way to get the new stuff.

New (Optional Cards

111: 2OC (Union event) Wilson's Raid: Union may place two Union PC markers in any spaces within four spaces (includes river connections) of a single Union cavalry brigade. The four space range CAN be traced through Northeast Alabama. These PC Markers (in contravention of rule 11.3D), CAN be placed in blockade runner ports/ and or resource spaces devoid of Confederate SPs or forts (but may contain an Ironclad or Torpedoes), resulting in their immediate destruction. Remove from deck if event is played.

112: 2OC (Confederate event) Severe Storms at Sea: Interrupt card, cancel a Naval movement initiated by a 3OC. This card cannot cancel a Naval movement initiated by an Event card (including a naval movement initiated by a campaign card event). Remove from deck if event is played.

113: 2OC (Union event) Washington Defenses: The Union player may place 3 forts in a friendly controlled space, unoccupied by Confederate SPs, on or within two spaces of the Union Capital (any location) or 2 forts in any friendly controlled spaces unoccupied by Confederate SPs. Remove from deck if event is played.

114: 3OC (Union event) Frederick Douglas: Union immediately receives five SPs for raising freemen Negro troops. The SPs can be placed in any Union controlled space (all SPs placed in the same space) with a LOC in NJ, DE, PA or the space that contains the Union capital that does not contain Confederate SPs or forts. Remove from deck if event is played.

115: 2OC (Confederate event) Galviston: The Confederate player may move 1 SP from a blockade runner port (open or closed) to its associated ungarrisoned Union controlled coastal fort (no Union SP present) and immediately place a Confederate PC marker (does not require a LOC) in the Coastal fort space. Remove from deck if event is played.

116: 2OC (Confederate event) Confederate River Flotilla: Interrupt card, roll the die, if the result is greater than the Union Amphibious Assault modifier, cancel a naval movement initiated by a 3 OC from a riverine port. If the die roll is equal to or less than the Union Amphibious Assault modifier then no effect. This card cannot cancel a Naval movement initiated by an Event card (including a naval movement initiated by a campaign card event). Remove from deck if event is played.

117: 3OC (Confederate event) Clandestine Blockade Runner Port: If Florida is Confederate controlled and the St. Marks, Florida space is Confederate controlled it is treated for the remainder of the game as a blockade runner port. In addition if St. Marks is 'open' when it becomes a blockade runner port, the Confederate immediately receives two SPs and a fort (at the Confederate player's discretion if one is available) in the St. Marks, Florida space. Remove from deck if event is played.

118: 3OC (Confederate event ) Mexican Supply Line: Confederate player receives 2 SP in any friendly controlled Texas space (both SPs placed in the same space). The space does not need a LOC. The space may not contain Union SPs or forts. If no eligible space exists the SPs are lost.

119: 3OC (Union and Confederate event) War in the West: Valverde/Glorietta Pass: Randomly remove one strategy card from your opponents hand which is discarded. Remove from deck if event is played.

120: 1OC (Union or Confederate event) Horace Greeley Editorial: If played by the Union increase Union SW by 1. If played by the Confederate decrease Union SW by 1.

121: 1OC (Union or Confederate event) Great Locomotive Chase: If played by the Union place one Union PC in any space within four rail connected spaces of at least one Union infantry SP. The space may not contain a Confederate SP or Fort, but may contain an Ironclad or Torpedoes. If played by the Confederate increase the Confederate SW by 1 for foiling the plot. Remove from deck if event is played.

122: 3OC (Union event) Cabinet Overrules General Lee: If two or more Confederate armies are in Virginia, the Confederate player places (Confederate choice) one army (placed, not moved) in a Confederate controlled Resource space (destroyed or not), Riverine port, or Blockade Runner port (open or closed) in Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, or Texas. Remove from deck if event is played.

123: 1OC (Union or Confederate event) Quantrill's Raiders: If played by the Confederate player place or flip 2 PC makers in a Missouri space (except St. Louis), which does not contain Union SPs or forts. If played by the Union player increase Union SW by 1 for increased resolve due to atrocities. Remove from deck if event is played.

124: 2OC (Union event) Confederate Desertion: Can be played as an Interrupt card to cancel the activation of any Confederate force, OR during a Union player's turn to cause a Confederate force to immediately execute an attrition procedure plus conduct Forage if force has no LOC. Remove from deck if event is played.

125: 1OC (Union event) Confederate Locomotive Shortage: The Union player may randomly remove one strategy card from the Confederate hand which is discarded. Remove from deck if event is played.

126: 1OC (Union event) Valley Devastation: If Union infantry SPs are in one or more Shenandoah Valley spaces the Union player places a destroyed Resource marker in all Shenandoah Valley spaces that do not contain at least one Confederate SP or fort. These destroyed Resource markers cannot be removed and prevent the Confederate player from using the Shenandoah valley as a supply source for the remainder of the game. Remove from deck if event is played.

127: 2OC (Union event) Brooklyn Navy Yard Conversions: The Union blockade level is increased by one. Remove from deck if event is played.

128: 3OC (Confederate event) Union Naval Supply Shortage: The Union blockade level is decreased by one. Remove from deck if event is played.

129: 2OC (Confederate event) USS Cairo Hits Mine and Sinks: Reduce Union Amphibious Assault modifier by 1. Remove from deck if event is played.

130: 3OC (Union) Union Siege Guns: Union plays card at beginning of a battle (or Amphibious Assault) that has a Confederate fort present and cancels Confederate fort die roll modifier in the battle. Remove from deck if event is played. Draw a strategy card.

For the People II – poradnik dla początkujących na Portalu Strategie:
http://portal.strategie.net.pl/index.ph ... Itemid=120
Ostatnio zmieniony wtorek, 15 marca 2011, 12:45 przez Nico, łącznie zmieniany 3 razy.
Niech żyje Napoleon! - wołaj ludzie tkliwy
niech żyje po tysiąc lat (kto z nas będzie żywy),
Niech Polak ostatni z tym czuciem umiera
A hasło: Napoleon! niech mu usta zwiera!
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Post autor: Raleen »

Duże są zmiany w porównaniu z jedynką? Zwykle autorzy chyba tak nie robią, że oznaczają kolejne edycje pojedynczych gier kolejnymi numerkami.

PS. Jak pierwszy raz się zetknąłem z tym tytułem kojarzył mi się niezachwianie z krajem rad i rewolucją październikową :)
Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)
Awatar użytkownika
Nico
Général de Division

Poza dodaniem 20 nowych kart i dopieszczeniem paru zasad, to nadal ta sama gra. W sumie jest do trzecia edycja tak naprawde, pierwsza byla Avalon Hillu, dwie pozostale GMT.

Obrazek

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Nico
Général de Division

W nowym wydaniu FtP mapa jest podzielona na dwie czesci, co niektorych zasmucilo jak czytalem na Consim World. Jest to spowodowane nowymi drukarniami/metodami druku.
Awatar użytkownika
Strategos
Censor

Post autor: Strategos »

Ciekawe czy oznacza to ,że w następnych reprintach i grach możemy sie spodziewać podobnych innowacji czy też vox populi vox dei :?: :wink:
"Bądź szybki jak wicher, spokojny jak las, napastliwy i żarłoczny jak ogień, niewzruszony jak góra, nieprzenikniony jak ciemność, nagły jak piorun"

Sun Tzu
Awatar użytkownika
Bjorn
Lieutenant

Post autor: Bjorn »

A jak wyglądała pierwsza wersja?
Awatar użytkownika
Comandante
General de División

Post autor: Comandante »

pierwsze FtP tez mialo podzielona mape, tyle, ze podklejona tekturka... eech czasy AH
Awatar użytkownika
Bjorn
Lieutenant

Post autor: Bjorn »

Czyli zaskoczenia wielkiego w tym względzie nie ma. A wręcz powrót do korzeni ;) .
Awatar użytkownika
Comandante
General de División

Post autor: Comandante »

Jesli JednoSlowo czyta to forum, to ja sie chcialbym dowiedziec czy On sie gdzies posunal z tlumaczeniem instrukcji? I jak bardzo? :-)
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Post autor: Raleen »

comandante pisze:Jesli JednoSlowo czyta to forum, to ja sie chcialbym dowiedziec czy On sie gdzies posunal z tlumaczeniem instrukcji? I jak bardzo? :-)
Właśnie sugerowałem, żeby zaprosic, ale podobno zajęty, a sam go nie znam za bardzo, więc mi trochę głupio. Jeśli ktoś z Was go znających mógłby to myślę, że wszyscy skorzystamy.. :)
Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)
Awatar użytkownika
Strategos
Censor

Post autor: Strategos »

Wiadomość o możliwym tłumaczeniu,podobno wpsniałej choć nienajłatwiejszej gry( instrukcja też nie jest prosta) uważam za news miesiąca :D
"Bądź szybki jak wicher, spokojny jak las, napastliwy i żarłoczny jak ogień, niewzruszony jak góra, nieprzenikniony jak ciemność, nagły jak piorun"

Sun Tzu
Awatar użytkownika
Andy
Grossadmiral

Post autor: Andy »

Mam nadzieję, że się Nico nie pogniewa, ale Jurek jest idealny do tej roboty. Od roku niańczy dziecię, ale jeszcze zanim urodził, wspominał że tłumaczy. Teraz pewnie przyhamował.
Fajnie by było, gdyby tu przybył.
Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few...
Premier Winston Churchill, 20 sierpnia 1940 r.
...and for so little.
Porucznik pilot Michael Appleby, dzienny żołd 14 szylingów i 6 pensów
Awatar użytkownika
Nico
Général de Division

Nico sie obrazil i zada satysfakcji na nastepujacych zasadach. Wyplywam z moim niezatapialnym Yamato w oslonie krazownikow i niszczycieli Tanaki przeciwko Twojej amerykanskiej lodzi podwodnej :twisted: :!:. Czapkami i miseczkami od ryzu zarzucimy Twoj okret :P.
Awatar użytkownika
Andy
Grossadmiral

Post autor: Andy »

Już się cieszę! :twisted: Zbieram stado w składzie: Andy, Strategos, Andreas i Marius. Bez trudu omijamy Twoje niszczyciele z zezowatą obługą wyrzutni bomb głębinowych, nastawionych zresztą na eksplozje do głębokości 200 jardów, bo umysł Japończyka nie jest w stanie pojąć, że okręt podwodny może się zanurzyć głębiej. Dla pewności zatapiamy ze dwa-trzy niszczyciele, żeby nas nie drażniły brzęczeniem azdików, zrobionych z włókna ryżowego i napędzanych sake. A potem to już miód i orzeszki: po kolei wsadzamy w burtę po sześć torped z wyrzutni dziobowych i po cztery z rufowych. Jeśli ta balia jeszcze będzie unosić się na powierzchni, to przeładowujemy i poprawiamy. Wujek Sam dopracował już torpedy i dostarcza nam ich w dowolnych ilościach.
Mam prośbę: jeśli Cię tylko wyłowią, to żebyś zaraz ruszył do rewanżowego pojedynku na Musashi, bo i tę niezatapialną wannę mam ochotę napełnić wodą! :twisted:
Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few...
Premier Winston Churchill, 20 sierpnia 1940 r.
...and for so little.
Porucznik pilot Michael Appleby, dzienny żołd 14 szylingów i 6 pensów
Awatar użytkownika
Nico
Général de Division

Przepisy mowia jasno: Yamato jest niezatapialny, tak wiec....nie mozesz go zatopic :P. You loseeeeee ;D :!:
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „XIX wiek”