B-17: Queen of the Skies (Avalon Hill)

Planszowe gry historyczne (wojenne, strategiczne, ekonomiczne, symulacje konfliktów) dotyczące II wojny światowej.
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

Re: B-17: Queen of the Skies (Avalon Hill)

Post autor: krzysztofm »

Noc 22/23 styczeń 1945 wyprawa 10 Lancasterów 314 Sqn na Duisburg w zasięgu OBOE ale średni bomb run 22%, stracono 2 załogi, Lutwaffe traci 2 myśliwce, MARGINAL LUFTWAFFE VICTORY.

W celu nabrania wiedzy polecam:
Filmy - "Drezno", "Ślicznotka z Memphis" na DVD, Airstrike nr 41 Avro Lancaster
Książki - "Narzędzia mroku", "Pożoga", Słynne samoloty - B17,
Obrona powietrzna III Rzeszy Działania nocne 1939-43, 1944-1945,
instrukcje do gier "Nightfighter" i "Bomber Command" z internetu.
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

314 Squadron nie wypłaca żołdu, są tam gracze-zawodnicy, ideowcy-hobbyści z całego świata czyli USA, Wielkiej Brytanii, Australii a teraz i Polski. Wesprzyjmy tę formację, niech polskie barwy będą szeroko reprezentowane na nocnym niebie Niemiec, wesprzyjmy nową niemiecką architekturę, branżę budowlaną - stwórzmy nowe miejsca pracy dla polskich budowlańców za zachodnią granicą, producentów trumien i grabarzy. W naturze nic nie ginie tylko zmienia swoją postać. Zło dobrem zwyciężaj więc burząc i paląc pomóżmy zbudować nowe demokratyczne Niemcy.

ADMIN STRONY PISZE:
I typically post missions on a Monday evening (I'm in the eastern US),
with reports due two weeks later, then the next mission is posted a week
after that.

Feel free to contact me with your questions--I'll be glad to take a
crack at them. You may use the web message form, or you may use the
direct address 314sqdn@comcast.net.
Welcome to 314 Squadron!
Eric
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Post autor: Raleen »

Krzysztofie, ja się do solówek za bardzo nie nadaję, chociaż doceniam Twoją kampanię promującą grę. U nas też swego czasu było zbiorowe latanie w B-17 (może pokusi się ktoś z Was o reaktywację).
Ale poza tym zaciekawiły mnie (i pewnie zaciekawią nie tylko mnie) te pozycje, które wymieniłeś w poprzednim poście, tak że jak znajdziesz chwilę to napisz coś o nich w dziale "Literatura".
Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)
wheeski
Adjudant

Post autor: wheeski »

Jeśli o mnie chodzi nie widzę wielkich przeszkód..
508 dywizjon 351 Skrzydła Bombowego może wrócić do służby

Historyczne materiały nadal są..
Ostatnie opublikowane na forum misje są z paździerrnika 1943.. Do D-Day jeszcze kupę czasu..

Poprzednio poprostu zapał opadł i ostatnie dwie misje (20 i 21) doczekały się tylko moich raportów.
Jeśli jednak będą chętni to tak jak pisałem na wstępie nie widzę problemu by to pociągnąć dalej.
Vassal projects:
Facelifting: Rallyman, Outlaws:Adventures in the old west, SpeedCircuit (TransAmMOD), Formula Motor Racing
Finished: Down in Flames (DVG), DieCastTableRacing, Orly i Rakiety, We Must Tell the Emperor, Wings of Glory, The Barbarossa Campaign.

In plan: Red Storm Rising; Guderian's Best
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

Ok to podaj stronkę gdzie się logować
ten eric z 314 Squadronem zrobił świetną stronkę i pozbierał fajne zasady opcjonalne
m.innymi Cockscrew Port. Ciekawostką jest, że tylna wieżyczka Lancastera była napędzana silnikiem nr 1
i jej unieruchomienie ułatwiało sprawę nocnym mysliwcom. Regułę tę wytłuściłem poniżej.
Z zasad dotyczących jakości niemieckich pilotów wynika, że najskuteczniejsi byli między lutym i listopadem 1943 (przy rzucie na pilot quality modyfikator +2), zaś najsłabsi byli od marca do maja 1945
(modyfikator -3).
Można pomyśleć nad wariantem z 300 Dywizjonem, jedyna strona, którą znalazłem to:

http://www.polishsquadronsremembered.co ... adron.html

THE CORKSCREW MANEUVER
Advanced Evasive Action for Lancaster: The Battle of Berlin

The Corkscrew Maneuver was violent evasive action with dives and turns to the right and left, flying through the air like a corkscrew, in order for a bomber to shake off an attacker.

It is the standard action against a night fighter, but very tough on the pilot. When a gunner spots a fighter on the left side and calls “Corkscrew port!” the pilot begins a steep dive and turn to the left, toward the attacker, diving approximately 1000 ft, and then begins a climb. The Lanc is still in a left turn, but after 500 ft, and still climbing, the pilot changes direction and makes a sharp turn to the right, which will reduce speed and hopefully make the fighter pilot miscalculate the Lanc’s speed and distance, and over shoot. When the Lanc is back up on it’s original altitude, the pilot dives 500 ft to the right, and then turns left. By now the fighter will have been shaken off, but if it is still tailing the Lancaster, try the Corkscrew again.

In Lancaster it is difficult to accurately play the Corkscrew, but what follows is a guideline that can be used to simulate this maneuver. It may be used instead of regular evasive action if the enemy fighter is spotted and is at 5 or 7 before the Initial Attack. Use normal evasive action rules if the enemy plane is at 6 o’clock and/or is unspotted.

First of all, the Night Fighter must be spotted. Lancaster Rule 3. C.

If the fighter is spotted, roll D6 x2 to find its Initial Position:

NIGHT FIGHTER INITIAL POSITION
D6 ROLL 1 D6 ROLL 2
1-2 5 o’clock 1-2 High
3-4 6 o’clock 3-4 Level
5-6 7 o’clock 5-6 Low
Aces: +1 to second roll.

Optional: Roll for Night Fighter Pilot Status:
NIGHT FIGHTER ACE TABLE (OPTIONAL)
2D6 Effect
0-1 Green (-1 To Hit Lanc. Lanc +1 To Hit)
2 Average
3-5 Veteran
6-8 Ace
9-12 Expert (Ignore 1st FCA)
Veteran: +1 To Hit Lanc. Lanc gunners, no mod.Ace: +1 To Hit Lanc. Lanc –1 To Hit AceExpert: +1 To Hit Lanc, +1 Damage. Lanc –1 To Hit Expert.
Modifiers:
8/42-10/42 -2
11/42-1/43 +1
2/43-11/43 +2
12/43-6/44 +0
7/44-12/44 -1
1/45-2/45 -2
3/45-5/45 -3

When the Night Fighter has been spotted, the Lancaster gunners may fire at it. The Mid Upper Gunner may fire at targets at 5, 6 and 7 o’clock High. The Tail Gunner may fire at all levels of 5, 6 and 7 o’clock.

After Defensive Fire, the Pilot may attempt the Corkscrew to shake off the fighter before it fires.

Optional: A Night Fighter Ace or Expert, at 6 o’clock Low will fire before the Lancaster makes any evasive action, unless the Lancaster Pilot is experienced (+1). When an Ace or Expert fires during the Surprise Attack Phase, treat the Lanc’s Defensive Fire and the following Offensive Fire as simultaneous action. All damage to the Lancaster and the fighter after the Surprise Attack is calculated at the same time. For example, a tail gunner fires at the fighter and shoots him down. Normally the fighter wouldn’t have a chance to fire, but now the fighter scores a hit and kills the gunner, so the fighter is shot down, but the gunner is killed at the same time.

Roll on “The Corkscrew” below to determine the effect of the maneuver before each Successive Attack. Treat the Successive Attacks normally, except that the Lancaster may fire defensive fire during each Successive Attack, but the fighter might not be in a position to fire. On Table B-6, change 12 to 6, 1.30 to 5 and10.30 to 7 and find the altitude on “The Corkscrew:”

THE CORKSCREW
2D6 Fighter Position
2 Enemy shaken off (a)
3 Enemy shaken off (a)
4 Enemy shaken off (a)
5 Enemy shaken off (a)
6 Low, no fire (c) (e)
7 High, no fire (b) (e)
8 Level, no fire (c) (e)
9 Level, fire (d) (c)
10 Low, fire (d) (c)
11 High, fire (d) (b)
12 Low, fire (d) (c)
13 High, fire (d) (b)
14 Level, fire (d) (c)
Add the Enemy Pilot’s Skill: +/-1Bombs on board: +1Lanc Pilot attempting the Corkscrew during consecutive turns: +1 per turn.Subtract the Lanc Pilot’s Skill: +/-1Third Corkscrew Turn: -1a) The fighter is shaken off. Remove it from combat.b) The Mid Upper Gunner and the Tail Gunner may fire. c) The Tail Gunner may fire.d) The Night fighter is in a firing position. Offensive Fire.e) The Night Fighter is not in a firing position. Defensive Fire only.

An Ace or Expert will not waste his time chasing the Lancaster in a Corkscrew after the first Corkscrew Turn, unless he is in a firing position, or the Lanc is burning externally or internally, or has extinguished a fire, caused by the Ace’s or Expert’s offensive fire.

After the first Corkscrew Turn, if the Lancaster continues the Corkscrew, and the Ace or Expert Night Fighter is in a “no fire” position, the fighter will leave before Defensive Fire. Remove it from combat.

The Night Fighters hit on 6 when the Lancaster is in a Corkscrew.

When the Lancaster is hit, use the Vertical Climb results, unless the fighter is at 5, 6 or 7 o’clock Initial Position. Use the results for 6 High, Level or Low. Optional: For a fighter at 5 and 7, use the results for 3 and 9 on Table B-4 and B-5 for all attacks from 5 and 7.

The Lancaster gunners hit on 6 when the Lancaster is in a Corkscrew. Ace bonus applies.

A Lancaster with damaged ailerons, elevators, control cables, an engine dead or if it is slowed by drag, may not perform a Corkscrew.

It’s not recommended to use the Corkscrew in the Target Zone, on the Bomb Run.

Optional Lancaster Extra Rules:

Engine #1 out: The tail turret was powered by engine #1 (outer port engine). If #1 is out, the tail turret hits only on 6. On a roll of 1, the tail turret becomes inoperable.

Note: Night Fighter pilots often aimed at the port engines, in order to knock out the tail turret so that it would be easier for them to attack from below and behind – von unten hinten. (It was also safer to fire at the engines and the tanks than to risk being hit by shrapnel from an exploding bomber which has taken a hit in the bomb bay.)

Aces’ and Experts’ Aiming: A result of 8 or higher on Table B-4, Shell Hits By Area, will hit in the same area. For example, all hits in the starboard wing or the tail, or doing superficial damage. A walking hit is still a walking hit.

From the B-26 Variant (Pathfinders and Night Missions):
Schräge Musik: Machine guns placed on the body of an aircraft behind the cockpit firing upward and forward at an oblique angle. The word “Schräge” is German and means “oblique” or “jazz.” Similar weapons could be found on British planes in the twenties. It was “reinvented” by Oberleutnant Rudolf Schoenert in 1941. He was already an ace pilot and would tally 64 night victories. Schräge Musik was usually two MG151 20mm machine guns or two MK 108 30mm canons. It never became standard and in 1944 approximately one out of three night fighters were equipped with it. Schräge Musik in Lancaster: An Me 110 will be equipped with Schräge Musik on D6 1-2. It will use the Schräge when it makes a surprise attack from 6 Low. To Hit is 3+ and Ace Bonus applies. Table B-4, Shell Hits (+1 hit) and Table B-5, Area Hit is Vertical Climb.

Hand Held Machine Gun: Some fighters have one or two rearward firing machine guns installed. They will use this when they pass the bomber for a second attack. To Hit is 6 and number of hits is from 3 and 9, damage on Table B-5, Vertical Climb is –1. Treat “0” as Superficial damage. Ace bonus and damage counters do not apply. The Me 110 will use this weapon after Initial and Successive Attacks, unless the Lancaster is flying evasive action.

For more Night Fighters see the B-26 Variant (Pathfinders and Night Missions) or contact the author of CORKSCREW PORT!
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Krzysztofie, nigdzie się nie musisz specjalnie logować, wystarczy, że wejdziesz tutaj:

http://strategie.net.pl/viewforum.php?f=205

Proste, łatwe w obsłudze itd. Obrazki Wam mogę ustawić do wrzucania odpowiednio, w załącznikach, gdyby coś nie działało.

Raporty okresowe mogę zamieszczać na naszym portalu, z odpowiednią oprawą graficzną (jeśli będzie taka wola i ją przygotujecie).
Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

Good afternoon, Gentlemen.

Tonight we're raiding the industrial area in Stuttgart's Zuffenhausen
suburb. There's a major aircraft engine factory there, so a strong
showing will pay off for us in the long run. Target indicators are GREEN
(beware of decoys!). Good luck!

-Eric
314 Sqdn

Target: Industry at Stuttgart
Date: 28/29 Jan 45

Target Weather: Good
Base Weather: Good

Flak over Target: Medium

AAR Due Date: Monday, November 11, 2013
Flight Log Gazeetter wygląda tak:
ZONE 2 - Water
ZONE 3 - Water
ZONE 4 - Water/Nederland
ZONE 5 - Nederland - tu zaczyna się obszar nieprzyjaciela
ZONE 6 - Nederland/Germany
ZONE 7-9 Germany
Ostatnio zmieniony wtorek, 29 października 2013, 12:48 przez krzysztofm, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

1 MISSION- 28/29 January 1945- Stuttgart
Lancaster "Remember 1st September"
Crew:
Bomb Aimer- P/O Dauman
Pilot- F/Lt Adamowski
Navigator- P/O Jarosz
Flight Engineer F/Sgt Kurman
Wireless Operator W/O Motyka
Mid- Upper Gunner Flt/Sgt Kulakowski
Tail Gunner- W/O Turek

In first action in heroic and glorius 314 Squadron crew has flown to Stuttgart.
First contact with enemy was attack in zone 6 on a border between Nederland and Germany. Bf 110 veteran scored 2 hits in bomb bay and pilot compartment which inflicted destroyed
rubber rafts (-6) to landing in water and instruments- ailerons (-1) to land on land and water.

Next attack was provided by Bf 110 green pilot in zone 8.
He does not make any hits in 2 attacks.
Bomb Aimer F/O Dauman damaged this aircraft which breaks off
after attack.
Target was a very hot place and we fully experienced German
hospitality.
3 aircraft attack us, Searchlight gets good fix on us and also Flak was accurate.
On a way to target Bf 110 with Ace pilot in first surprise attack make 5 hits (3 Port Wing, 1 Tail and 1 Bomb Bay).
Bomb Bay hit was superficial, Tail hit inflicted Oxygen Supply out and fire. Tail Gunner W/O Turek used up 2 fire extinguishers to fire out.
On a Port Wing- Aileron inoperable, 2nd hit superficial and Landing Gear inoperable (-3) to land on land.

Flak scored 4 hits on us (2 Tail, 1 Port and 1 Starboard Wing). 2 Tail hits was superficial, Port Wing also superficial and Port Wing Flap inoperable.

In searchlights which spotted us, Wild Boar fighter FW 190,
make 2 attacks. In first attack make 2 hits in Starboard Wing (superficial and 1st root hit).
In second attack also Focke Wulf gain 2 hits ( superficial and in Pilot Compartment, Navigator P/O Jarosz was slightly wounded. 3rd Focke Wulf attack was unsuccessful.
Bomb Aimer F/O Dauman was not able in target area to respond with fire with front guns but despite stress and horrific circumstances make a perfect aiming and dropped 30 percent of bombs on target.
On a return way but still over Stuttgart, Ju 88 with veteran pilot makes last attacks and scored 4 hits
(Bomb Bay, Starboard and Port Wings and superficial).
Bombs were dropped no effect, Starboard- superficial and Port Wing gets 1 root hit).

Total in aircraft were 19 holes which makes 130 damage points. In means that it was a difficult mission.
Bombs hits a target and also 1 Bf 110 was damaged by Bomb Aimer.
In landing Lancaster had great luck despite (-4) negative modifiers and was repairable by next mission.

Więcej na
http://314sqdn.home.comcast.net/~314sqdn/
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

POLECAM NIESAMOWITY FILM O NIEZWYKŁYM CZŁOWIEKU
Prawdziwym bohaterze Normanie Jacksonie.
Podaję link do niemalże wciskającego w siedzenie filmu na you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaHxwdm9Yg8

Po prostu nie do uwierzenia, jeśli link nie działa wpisz na you tube: Podniebni bohaterowie - wojna totalna.
Historia jednego Lancastera, historia jednej załogi, niesamowita odwaga i bohaterstwo mechanika pokładowego Normana Jackson, który dostał za swój czyn Victoria Cross.
Przypomniałem sobie o tym filmie gdy grałem w Variant Lancaster.

Z tej serii polecam rózwnież historię Georga Beurlinga, jednego z największych ekscentryków i genialnych lotników. Podniebni bohaterowie - Zwycięstwo Spitfire'a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri-hO7HhI94

Reszta taka sobie.
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

Wielkie zwycięstwo 314 Squadronu w nalocie na Stuttgart nocą 28/29 styczeń 1945.
Następne naloty w lutym, bedzie już spokojniej Niemców nie ma w powietrzu w 5 zonie, zaś w Target area pojawiają się na 4-6 a nie jak dotąd na 3-6.
Szczegóły tego ogromnego sukcesu RAF nad tym odległym od baz niemieckim miastem:

Polscy lotnicy w 2 Lancasterach "Remember 1st September" i "307 City of Lwow Eagle-Owls" cało powrócili do baz, uzyskując dobrą celność 30 i 60 procent, odpędzając wiele myśliwców i uszkadzając 2 z nich.
Jedna załoga amerykańska PM019 Prestona Mc Murrego spośród 12 które wystartowały nie powróciła.
Wieczna chwała bohaterom nocnego nieba!
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

Mission 128

Tonight we're raiding the critical railway center at Siegen. Target
indicators are GREEN, but be wary of decoys. Our army has recently
captured some of the Luftwaffe's forward airfields, which should make
things a bit easier on us. Good luck!

-Eric
314 Sqdn

Target: Railway at Siegen
Date: 1/2 Feb 45

Base Weather: Good

Flak over Target: Medium

AAR Due Date: Monday, December 2, 2013
Szczegóły na:
czarek0402
Sous-lieutenant

Post autor: czarek0402 »

http://blogbiszopa.pl/2011/12/medal-honoru/

Człowiek, w jednej chwili potrafi zrobić coś, aby uratować ogół.

Ale też mamy klasyczny konflikt moralny, że to jest dopiero bohater, że szkoda go, należy mu się współczucie dla Niego, medal, a co z tysiącami Japończyków, 120 000 tysiącami, którzy zginęli w jednym nalocie miesiąc wcześniej, kolejne dziesiątki tysięcy zginą jeszcze od bomb atomowych, odpowiemy Sobie, a kto zaczął wojnę, że za 7 grudnia 1941. Potrafimy rozczulać się nad jednostką, a ginącym narodem, gatunkiem, epoką już nie. :|
Awatar użytkownika
krzysztofm
Caporal

314 Squadron RAF

We'll be raiding the benzol plant in Dortmund tonight. It's a short
trip, but the Happy Valley's defences are never to be taken lightly. You
can expect the GREEN target indicators to be placed accurately. We have
an early take-off time, so you'll be on your way back before the moon
rises at 11:30, and home before the weather turns. Good luck!

- Eric
314 Sqdn

Target: Oil at Dortmund
Date: 3/4 Feb 45

Target is within OBOE range.

Base Weather: Poor

Flak over Target: Heavy

AAR Due Date: Monday, December 30, 2013

Flight Log Gazeteer
Zone 2 - Water
Zone 3 - Water
Zone 4 - Water/Nederland
Zone 5 - Water/ Nederland
Zone 6 - Target Germany- tylko strefa 6 jest na terenie wrogim

We usually have an extra week between missions at this time of year.
The way the calender works out, I think we're better off with an extra
week to complete a mission. Reports for this mission, then, are due in
three weeks, rather than the usual two.
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Materiały wheeski'ego do "B-17: Queen of the Skies":
http://chomikuj.pl/wheeski/B17
hasło: "www.strategie.net.pl"

Dział "Forumowe Latanie w "B-17 Queen of the Skies":
http://strategie.net.pl/viewforum.php?f=205

wheeski
Adjudant

Post autor: wheeski »

Jakiś czas temu podczas grania forumowego pojawiły się wątpliwości co do zbyt dużej skuteczności strzelców pokładowych..

Ostatnio podczas czytania artykułu o nalocie na Regensburg i Schweinfurt 17.08.1943 (Technika Wojskowa - Historia; Maj-Czerwiec 03/2017)
Natknąłem się na ciekawe dane pokazujące jak duże były rozbieżności pomiędzy zgłaszanymi trafieniami i rzeczywistymi stratami Luftwaffe.

"Choć strzelcy pokładowi zameldowali aż 63 zestrzelenia pewne i 15 prawdopodobnych to Luftwaffe straciła tylko 3 Bf109 i po jednym Fw190 i Bf110 /.../ zginął tylko jeden pilot" - nalot z 17.04.1943

"Straty Luftwaffe były niewielkie i zamknęły się liczbą sześciu zestrzelonych Bf109G z których jeden padł łupem pilota P47 a pozostale strzelców pokładowych /.../ Ci ostatni zameldowali sumarycznie o astronomicznym sukcesie zamykającym się liczbą 140 myśliwców zestrzelonych na pewno, 19 prawdopodobnie i uszkodzeniu 36. Ze swej strony Niemcy wykonali przeciwko siłom 4.BW 140 wylotów myśliwcami jednosilnikowymi i 15 dwusilnikowymi, tak więc zgłoszenia strzelców nawet przewyższały liczbę zaangażowanych myśliwców nieprzyjaciela.". -nalot z 17.08.1943

Wydaje mi się że w podobny sposób powinno się traktować zestrzelenia w B-17 QotS :)
Vassal projects:
Facelifting: Rallyman, Outlaws:Adventures in the old west, SpeedCircuit (TransAmMOD), Formula Motor Racing
Finished: Down in Flames (DVG), DieCastTableRacing, Orly i Rakiety, We Must Tell the Emperor, Wings of Glory, The Barbarossa Campaign.

In plan: Red Storm Rising; Guderian's Best
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „II wojna światowa”