Polish Historical & Strategic BoardGames

Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Polish Historical & Strategic BoardGames

Post autor: Raleen »

Here I would like to start a topic about Polish BoardGames. It can be interesting, as I suppose, for our guests, especially from US and Western Europe. Many of them aren't unfortunately translated, so I think that our forum can be very helpful for people looking for them.

OK Guys, which one you find the best and would recommend?
And for people looking for games and interested in them - which period is your favourite in Polish and Eastern Europe history?

This is only to start..
Ostatnio zmieniony środa, 31 października 2007, 15:35 przez Raleen, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)
hwiccee
Chasseur
Kontakt:

Post autor: hwiccee »

Hi Raleen :)

As I have mentioned to you before I think that any information on Polish games, about anything, would be good. The games I have seen look interesting but there is no information about them in English.

So please put information here on all the Polish games you know about :)

Nick
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

OK Guys, as you heard... :)

Don't put everything on my head :wink:
Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Ok, so what now? I may write something about Kircholm if you wish?

Awatar użytkownika
kadrinazi
Tat-Aluf
Kontakt:

Post autor: kadrinazi »

Yes please, that was very interesting battle :) and one of the best Polish games too!
Kontakt tylko na maila
hwiccee
Chasseur
Kontakt:

Post autor: hwiccee »

Yes Kircholm sounds good :) Could you also give some kind of link to where you can buy the game/games?
Awatar użytkownika
kadrinazi
Tat-Aluf
Kontakt:

Here's (some kind of Polish eBay) You can try to find some older games:
http://www.allegro.pl/6103_strategie.ht ... view=gtext

Currently You can even buy Kircholm!
http://www.allegro.pl/item182132559_kir ... ragon.html

Cheers!
Kontakt tylko na maila
Awatar użytkownika
kadrinazi
Tat-Aluf
Kontakt:

Maybe I shall take some pressure from Raleen :) (but just a little bit!)

About historical background of Battle of Kircholm You can read at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kircholm
(I'm lazy lad, You know :))
Game shows one of the greatest Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth victories in XVII century. It is one of the best strategic games created in Poland - rules of XVII warfare are very good, so You can enjoy playing both Polish/Lithuanians or Swedish forces.
Sweden army is composed from infantry and (rather shooty) cavalry, they also have some artillery.
Polish/Lithuanian army is heavily based on different types of cavalry - Husaria (Hussars or 'Winged Lancers'), Pancerni (Iron'Clads), Light Cavalry (some Tartars and Volunteers) and some shooty cavalry (Arkebusers and as far as I remember some Raitars). Army have also few units of infantry and one(?) unit of artillery.
During the game You can see how fair different types of those units and their fightning style are shown - Husaria and Pancerni are great 'shock troops', that can expand frontage of their counter, allowing them to attack more units at once. Infantry can fight in shooting or hand to hand (pike) formation. Counters of different historical commander helps to rally troops (I can't remember their other rules :((

That's of course just few words (sorry for any mistakes in my English) about game, I hope that Raleen will soon write some more.
Kontakt tylko na maila
Zeka

Post autor: Zeka »

It is one of my favourites games :)
kadrinazi pisze:Polish/Lithuanian army is heavily based on different types of cavalry - Husaria (Hussars or 'Winged Lancers'), Pancerni (Iron'Clads), Light Cavalry (some Tartars and Volunteers) and some shooty cavalry (Arkebusers and as far as I remember some Raitars). Army have also few units of infantry and one(?) unit of artillery.
Tatars are light cavalery but they also can shoot. Polish-Lithuanian army have 3 artillery units.
Every type of shooting units have different range and shooting sector. Tatars have 180 degree shooting sector and other kinds of shooting units have 60 degree shooting sector.
Counters of different historical commander helps to rally troops (I can't remember their other rules :((
Commander also gives better atack and defence for his fighting units, of course if he is standing on same hex like supported unit. If on that same hex are standing few commanders, just one can support fighting unit. Except that, commander cen reduce disarrangement level (if he is standing at same hex or beside unit).

P.S. Sorry for my english... I use it long, long time ago :wink:
Awatar użytkownika
Raleen
Colonel Général
Kontakt:

Here is the topic about "Grunwald 1410", abuout which we discussed first:

http://www.strategie.net.pl/viewtopic.php?t=4468

And here is the topic about "Kircholm 1605", about which you discussed here before:

http://www.strategie.net.pl/viewtopic.php?t=4467

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „International Forum”