Strategie

Forum historyczno-wargamingowe
Teraz jest czwartek, 16 sierpnia 2018, 05:53

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]

Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 31 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2, 3  Następna strona
Autor Wiadomość
 Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 15 kwietnia 2007, 11:22 
Chasseur

profes79: Sorry you obviously missed this in my previous posts - I live now in Prague, the Czech Republic :)

So it is a lot more likely that I will see Raleen and some of the others here in May :) We will all, hopefully, meet when we all go to Pola Chlawy in Krakow in Septemeber. I am only in the Birmingham area when I go home on holiday, typically a week or two in the summer :( But maybe we can meet some time when I do this :)

The only boardgame club I know in your area is in Halesowen. This is their website - http://www.halesowenboardgamers.org.uk/

Do you play historical figure games? This is my main interest and I could send you some contacts connected with this - just let me know (hwiccee@hotmail.com). Some of the historical figure clubs will have people who also play boardgames, or maybe they will know others that do.

Also you could go and ask at this shop - http://www.waylandsforge.co.uk/
They are near the centre of Birmingham and sell boardgames, so maybe they will know who plays them :)

Nick

I can't help you with WHFB as I don't play that.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 15 kwietnia 2007, 12:10 
hwiccee napisał(a):
How long does it take to play?

I truly don't remeber; shurly few hours (three or more I think). Definitely it isn't short game.

hwiccee napisał(a):
Unfortunately I will be running figure games all weekend so I think it will not be possible to play it :(

What rules you will use? And what epoch you will play? I also like to play figure games, equally fantasy and historical. Now I paintig my teutonic knigts :)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 15 kwietnia 2007, 20:30 
Tat-Aluf

Croeso Hwiccee!
Bore da.
Sut Mae?
Hwyl!
Kadrinazi
:)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: wtorek, 17 kwietnia 2007, 02:54 
General

I know WaylandForge - they are now very close to Victoria Square - in some subway passage - I bought all my RPG books there :) They are rather playing card games or rpg games there :( First I don`t like, for second I still have insufficient language...
And yes, I missed part about Prague :D

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 19 kwietnia 2007, 10:36 
Chasseur

Zeka: We haven't decided yet exactly which games we will run, we are consulting with the guys that run the show. The idea is that we will run 4 games over the weekend, most likely 4 different games. All of these games would be open for anyone to play.

The games we are thinking of running are -

Napoleonic using Grand Armee rules & 6mm figures
Seven Years War using Konigs Krieg rules and 15mm figures
Great Northern War using Polemos rules and 10mm figures
American Civil War using Fire & Fury rules and 20mm figures
Franco Prussian War using Feuer & Furia Francese rules & 6mm figures
English Civil War/Thirty Years War using Polemos rules & 15mm figures

Plus some other 'maybe's'. Basically we will see what the guys who run the show think would be good to run.

Kadrinazi: Great :) You speak better Welsh then me :)

profes79: Wayland Forge used to sell boardgames as well, but I haven't been there for maybe 3 years. It might still be worth asking? Otherwise I would contact the boardgaming club in Halesowen. Halesowen is not to far from you & also maybe they will know a group closer to you.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 19 kwietnia 2007, 12:09 
Colonel Général

To make forum more sociable :) .

Here are some photos of our players and did by our players:

http://www.strategie.net.pl/viewtopic.p ... 85&start=0

Comments are unfortunatelly (for you) in Polish, shade...

Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 19 kwietnia 2007, 12:18 
Shosa

hwiccee napisał(a):
Wales/Cymry (Wales in the Welsh language): Don't worry we have this, the most important, most beautiful and most cultured area of the British Isles, as well!!!

One of the most admired and recognized polish historian is... Welsh.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Davies
So, I agree, that Cymry is most cultured area of the British Isles :)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 19 kwietnia 2007, 12:22 
Colonel Général

I just had had to write about it... :)

Hwiccee do you know him or maybe some of his books? Is he (as a historian) known in UK?

Panie, weźcie kości w rękę i wyobraźcie sobie, że gracie z królem Kastylii, i rzucając je na stół zdajecie wszystko na los bitwy. Jeśli dopisze wam szczęście, zrobicie najlepszy rzut, jaki kiedykolwiek uczynił król na ziemi; a jeśli rzut wam się nie powiedzie, inaczej nie odejdziecie z gry, jak z honorem.

Gil de Osem do króla Portugalii Jana I Dobrego przed bitwą pod Aljubarrotą (14.VIII.1385)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: czwartek, 19 kwietnia 2007, 14:13 
General

Hwicee - yes, Wayland is selling boardgames, but never seen anyone playing in the shop - only card games (MtG - bleee) or sometime small rpg session. Shame...

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: sobota, 21 kwietnia 2007, 11:03 
Chasseur

Photos: Nice (????) photos - I am not sure I want to meet you all now :)

Norman Davies: Yes of course I know his work. He is a well known historian in Britain. Of course this doesn't mean that many people will know him because the subjects he writes about are not that popular in Britain.

His 'God's Playground' books are easily the best books on Polish history in English. The same is often true with his other books. I don't always agree with what he has to say. But at least his work is making some areas of history more popular and easier to find out about for the English speaking world.

Wayland Forge: profes79 you should ask them about where boardgames are played. It is not common to play board or figure wargames in these kinds of shops, normally they are played at home or in clubs. So there is a good chance that some of the people in the shop play board/figure games, but not actually in the shop.

So ask them if they know some place where the games are played. Tell them you are new to Birmingham and that you are looking for people to play games with. They will probably be able to help.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: sobota, 21 kwietnia 2007, 14:50 
Colonel Général

Cytuj:
Photos: Nice (????) photos - I am not sure I want to meet you all now

Oh, you are probably confused with this guys in school - well usually they don't wear in such way. It was rather a joke :) . They attend to very good secondary school in Warsaw - we all know it because Leo is a history teacher there, and because he works there he has organised playroom for boardgames in his classroom. So we had a club which is opened each Friday 16.00-23.00, sometimes when Leo is not present there is no club in such week but this are very bad weeks :) . Generally we play each Friday.

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: sobota, 21 kwietnia 2007, 18:35 
General

Hwicee: At the moment I started WH40K army of Space Marines - so for some time I rather will not look for boardgames. But still thanks and hope when You`ll be in Kiddy you will find some time for some beer :)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: sobota, 21 kwietnia 2007, 22:23 
Tat-Aluf

profes79 - what Chapter? I'm proud owner of 2000 pts Egregorikoi SM Chapter - 4th (Scout) Company :)

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 22 kwietnia 2007, 17:14 
General

Well - for now I have only commander so is hard to tell about chapter :D

But I know that I`m not going to play Dark Angels (theu are too sophisticated as for me) nor Blood Angels. Probably or I`ll start just some new chapter - without separate book, basimng on base Space Marines Codex, or I`ll go for old Ultramarines - or maybe Black Templars...

Tytuł:
PostNapisane: niedziela, 22 kwietnia 2007, 18:52 
Tat-Aluf

I recommend to creat Your own Chapter - it's more fun to write fluff, choose traits and so on :)

Utwórz nowy wątek Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 31 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1, 2, 3  Następna strona

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1 [ DST ]